Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sometimes I wonder.....

Sometimes I wonder why, but mostly I don't. Does this seem random? =) Most of the time, I avoid why questions. Answers are not usually that readily available, it gets me nowhere fast, and in the end, the answer doesn't change my life one way or the other. My children ask me why all the time. I ask them to do something, and they ask "why?" And I tell them not to ask me - just to do that thing I have required of them. Yes, I avoid whys. But recently, I sat pondering - just for a moment - why our Savior had to be born in a stable and laid in a manger. It just doesn't seem right to me when I think about it. But now I wonder....even at the very beginning of his life, people were determined to harm him. Perhaps, this was Heavenly Father's way of giving him some protection. perhaps if he was born at a busy inn, there would be more people that could say - yes, I saw a pregnant woman and they stayed here, and they left then, and they traveled in that direction. I know there are reasons for things that we don't understand. But this answer I have come up with for myself, just leads me further to believe that I don't always have to know why. It is good enough for me to know that Someone watches over us. He knows our names, He knows our life circumstances, and He loves us more than we know.

2 comments: